The mission of the Carolina Traditional Archers is the preservation and promotion of the ancient art of traditional archery through club activities and educational interactions with others. Members will adhere to the highest ethical standards in their support, practice, promotion and preservation of traditional archery and bow hunting. The Carolina Traditional Archers support sound wildlife management principles and seek opportunities to aid conservation efforts.
Click here to download: CTA by laws (PDF file; April 12, 2016)
The CTA club and range is located on 6 1/4 acres of wooded land in Conover, NC where we host archery and educational events. CTA owns (120+) 3D animal targets, an aerial target launcher, running target, and assorted range materials.
A non-competitive shoot is scheduled the first Saturday of each month. These events include a 20 animal target 3D course placed in realistic hunting settings. These events also include a meal and are open to members and visitors. To promote involvement in traditional archery, first time visitors shoot and eat for free. Educational seminars are held during these events to expand outdoor knowledge and enjoyment.
Web Site/ Newsletter
The “Whispering Shaft” is the official publication of CTA. Highlighting CTA as well as other traditional events, this publication contains entertaining and informative articles. It also serves as a written history of our organization.
Our website www.thecta.org provides a wealth of information about CTA and traditional archery.
Since 2007, CTA has planted and maintained wildlife food plots at Warrior Creek,Smithy Creek, Fort Hamby, and Marly Ford WMA’s, W. Kerr Scott Reservoir. Our commitment has expanded to planting and maintaining additional food plots at W. Kerr Scott each year.
North Carolina Bowhunters Association Involvement
NCBA Chapter Club of the Year 2010
CTA is associated with NCBA as a Local Chapter Club. Many of our members are also members of the NCBA and have or currently served in management positions.
Club and Range Rules
- Possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances while on CTA-controlled property is strictly prohibited.
- Persons who have consumed alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs or who are otherwise under the influence of such intoxicants will not be permitted on CTA-controlled property.
- Pets must remain on a leash; no pets allowed inside the club house.
- No hunting or harassing wildlife.
- Discharge of firearms is prohibited.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Persons shall not walk with an arrow nocked on the string.
- An adult or guardian shall supervise all persons under the age of 16.
- Only members or invited guests shall use the ranges.
- Archers shall only shoot at designated targets from designated positions during club events.
- Campfires shall not be left unattended and shall be completely extinguished before leaving the property.